Which Siding are You On? Tips for Choosing Your New Siding
Suffolk County Home Improvement wears many hats. We’re not just the place to go for your Long Island kitchen remodeling or Long Island bathroom remodeling. We think about the aesthetic and protection of your whole house. One of the most important aspects of your house is its siding. The siding of your house is probably its most important exterior feature. Not only does it protect your home, but it also is what all the world sees! If you are undergoing a home improvement job on Long Island, you may want to consider getting new siding. This may feel like an overwhelming task, but the gang at Suffolk County Home Improvement is here to help! Read on for some things to think about when you speak to your Long Island general contractor about getting new siding as part of your home remodeling on Long Island.
Figuring Out the Budget
Did you know that when you install siding on your home, the value of it increases? You may want to keep that in mind when you are determining your budget for your Long Island home remodeling. Think about what you want, but also what you can afford. Factor in the cost of labor fees for your construction crew as well.
Whether the Weather be Cold…
One of the most important factors in choosing siding for your house is the climate in your area. If you live somewhere warm and sunny, you may want to choose a brighter color that will be emphasized by the sunlight. Conversely, if you live somewhere that is rather rainy, you may want to avoid dreary tones like gray. Pick a siding that will add to the beauty of your home, not diminish it.
Weather conditions play a role in your choice as well. You may want to think about purchasing highly durable siding if your area is prone to heavy snow or rain. Remember that not only does the siding on your house accentuate its beauty, it also serves as protection against the elements.
Choose Your Materials Wisely
Siding is available in many different kinds of materials. They vary by flexibility, longevity, and durability and cost. There are some very popular materials for siding like:
- Aluminum: This is often used as an alternative to vinyl because it is low maintenance and also fireproof.
- Vinyl: This is a good choice if you are focusing on cost effectiveness. Vinyl siding tends to be durable and tough, but can potentially threaten the environment.
- Fiber Cement: This kind of siding is good for a look that resembles masonry or stucco. It looks very natural and earthy and is less expensive than traditional wood shingles.
- Steel: If you are looking for durability, look no further than steel. It rarely shrinks or changes under extreme weather.
Whether you are looking for a new look for your home, or need to protect it a bit more, new siding can really do the trick. Suffolk County Home Improvement is here for you to help choose the best options for your home makeover. Call us anytime!
- Learn more about Shelter Island, NY 11964
- Open a Shelter Island, NY map
- Find the Shelter Island, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Shelter Island, NY pharmacies
- View the current Shelter Island, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Shelter Island, NY public and private schools
- Shelter Island, NY is located in Suffolk County on Long Island